Conegliano e Valdobbiadene

Conegliano and Valdobbiadene are the two poles of the historic area of Prosecco. Viticulture in this area is present since ancient times, with the cultivation of Glera.
In 1876 the Italian wine school, based in Conegliano, was established, thanks to the winemaking tradition of the city. Over time, the area of Conegliano-Valdobbiadene has become, thanks to the sparkling process used for Prosecco, a sparkling wines district internationally renowned, and officially formalized in 2003 as the first district of sparkling wines in Italy.
In 1962 the consortium set up the protection of the Conegliano-Valdobbiadene Prosecco, in order to have more control over the supply chain, while in 1966 was instituted the "Strada del Prosecco", giving more importance to the area also from the tourism point of view.
One of the most important events in the history of Prosecco was in 2009, with the transition to the Docg, becoming this way the 44th Denomination of controlled and guaranteed origin in Italy. Thanks to this, Prosecco has acquired a greater value, and it will be able to consolidate its national and international success.